1.04.2009


I recently rediscovered Cat Stevens. My dad is a big fan of his, which explains why some tunes seemed carved in my head already without even knowing or realizing it was him. Cat Stevens is a English singer/songwriter who was at the height of his fame during the 1970s, but already released his first hit single in 1966. His song "The First Cut is the Deepest" has been covered by many high profile artists such as Rod Stewart, along with many more of his songs. During the late 1970s Stevens converted to the Islam and is now known as Yusuf Islam. He has spent the last 3 decades of his life traveling around the world, spreading peace and trying to teach people to understand and appreciate different religions.

What I enjoy most about his music is the subject and how he approaches the subjects in his songs. He has a very interesting view on the world. I've added a small selection of my favorite songs of his;

Peace Train (1971):


Don't Be Shy (1971):


Matthew and Son (1967):


Wild World (1971):


I Love my Dog (1966):


The best thing is, he has made a new album after not having performed for over 25 years until a few years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ..How do you post thoose you clips from youtube . Without the video showing. Please answer back.

Edwinservaas said...

Sorry for the long wait for a reply Juliana. I just put in a regular youtube video, but adjust the dimensions within the code. I think it's 26px high and you'll get it looking like I did.