9.27.2008

Kings of Leon

One of my consistantly favorite bands over the last 5 years or so is Kings of Leon. Their new album "Only by the Night" was released on the 19th of September and I've seen and heard their first single "Sex on Fire" come by loads of times in recent days.

Totally deserved I'd say because it is an amazing song again. I am really in awe of how they evolve and can adapt new styles and influences and make it their own. Something I always consider a vital trait in any form of art.

There was just one disappointing thing about this release though...



I have to say the record cover borders on trendwhoring, but trendwhoring as it was done a few years ago. Maybe it's just a designer talking and I'm sure it's great to 95% of the world population that doesn't consider him or herself a designer.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It comes as an alternative cover which in my eyes is pretty damn good and smart. Especially when compared to the actual cover.



I really enjoy how they toyed with a thing that has been done before (portraits of the band members) and experimented with how they relate together.

No comments: